Powered By Blogger

sexta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2009

Up-to-date english! on www.bbclearningenglish.com

Hello you guys! It's the first time I'm posting on this blog, so if I make terrible mistakes please don't take further notice of it cause I'm still learnig english at university! (lol). So... from a long time ago I was really willing to make some posts here, but I just hadn't enough time to do so(burning the midnight oil everyday!). I really don't want to play the Mr.Know-it-all, only to write this in english!

In my first post, I wanted to make something veeeeery clear for you guys, something very important in our day-to-day lives, it's about the learning of a foreign language and considering the world's current situation, english would the most aproppriate! cause it is simply the universal one!(As far as I know...).One day you'll need to learn english whether it's for Master's degree or to give or to participate a lecture abroad, or to communicate with other people from different countries and etc...So I'm kind of here to give you a great tip of a good website on which you can find good and up-to-date contents on the english language, it's the BBC learning english website! As all of you must know, the BBC(British Broadcasting) is a british television network that broadcasts news all over the world. It is really famous in the world for its documentaries and the accurate breaking news in just as many places as we could imagine! even in hell! (LOL!). There are assorted contents such as grammar, vocabulary, pronounciation, stories, games, questions asked by people around the world (responded by BBC linguists and I'll have to finish this list right here, cause if I type all the features here, your fingers will get hurt because of the scroll bar of your mouses!).

I'm going to cite here the most interesting ones I've ever found... I advise you to read the Flatmates story, it's really gorgeous the way the story runs along, You just learn how to speak in every kind of situation (it's incredible!) and in each episode (there are about almost 200 episodes), the website makes available a language point in which gives you a detailed explanation about slangs, expressions, sayings, unknown words and spoon-feed grammar. Another really interesting content, is keep your english up-to-date, Professor David Crystal is an expert in english language, he explains some expressions, slangs constantly used in Britain and other countries such as: FAQ, make my day!, GM. food and so on, and yet you can download all the audio and transcripts!(Do you Know what these mean?)... There are Word in the news too! Word in the news is an awesome place to be into the news and get some vocabulary through unknown words the reader probably is going to find (the website offers you a simplified glossary). Oh! And Phrasal verbs too!! (I really like phrasal verbs!) learn all about these informal verbs used by natives and really difficult to learn, ( the only way is to learn them by heart!).

All this and SO MUCH more you can find on bbclearningenlish.com, You'll not regret to pay a little visit there! So let's call it a day and I'm out of here for today...Be sure to take a look at this website! it won't kill you!

2 comentários:

  1. Blá blá blá... blá blá blá blá blá... Num Entendi uma palavra! '¬¬

    ResponderExcluir
  2. KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK me mata de preoupação essa menina; adorei o post Rodolfo, valeu mesmo, deu outros ares para o Blog, beijão.

    ResponderExcluir